She is such a little lady. Seeing how much my little donation was able to help has really changed my perspective and outlook on a lot of things. I was going to go to Target the other day for a new top, but then I remembered how far that money could go towards helping a sick homeless dog or even a dog with a home but whose owner's have fallen on hard times.
Kory and I were married in September 2009 and are having the time of our lives!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
2010 San Antonio Pet Expo
I had been looking forward to the first annual San Antonio Pet Expo for WEEKS! I had volunteered with 2 rescue groups to help out. There was a fantastic turnout! Over 11,000 people came with their pets and over 100 pets were adopted into forever homes! They had Agility Dog Demonstrations (like at half-times at the Spurs games), Search and Rescue Demonstrations, Police K-9 Working Dog Demonstrations, etc. It was a blast. And it was completely free and air conditioned. Here is a picture of my friend Pittie. Pittie has a sad story but it will soon have a happy ending, so I won't bring you down with the sad details. Just know she is 100% healthy and lookin for a home. I sponsored part of her recovery and the pet expo was the first time we met in person. I had tears in my eyes because I was so proud and amazed at how far she had come.
Pittie also has a little friend named Sammy. Sammy is currently undergoing heartworm treatment and will be looking for a new home sometime in September. This picture was taken about 6 hours into the Expo and Sammy was exhausted. He sure is a handsome boy that will change someone's life for the better very soon. I just know it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Courtney, thanks for sending me the link to this blog, now I can keep up with you guys. I glad those dogs have a friend like you!
ReplyDelete-danny